The Student Administrative Council of Lambton College is seeking an eligible student to fulfill the role of Esports Recreation Administrator during the 2023F and 2024W semesters.
The position is part of the Work Study student employment program. For details about the program and its eligibility requirements, click here.
Reporting to the Esports Coordinator, the successful candidate would be responsible for planning, promoting and executing recreational events for the students of Lambton College.
Job Description (responsibilities and duties)
• Organize and promote esports events and tournaments for students of Lambton College
• Collaborate with other departments to organize esports events and tournaments
• Develop and implement rulesets to ensure fair play and safety
• Communicate with participants to provide information and resolve issues
• Foster a welcoming and inclusive environment for all participants
• Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements (specific skills, qualifications, personal qualities or areas of knowledge)
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Advanced knowledge of the esports industry and video game industry
• Knowledge of the rules and regulations of various games
• Ability to work collaboratively with staff members, participants, and external partners
Remuneration: $15.50/hour (plus 4% vacation pay), 6-8 hours per week.
Start date: September 5, 2023
End date: April 19, 2024
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Esports Coordinator – Lambton College SAC
NOTE: Do NOT use the myCareer portal to submit your application for this position. The only accepted application method for this position is direct email as mentioned above.
Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.