The Student Administrative Council of Lambton College is seeking an eligible student to fulfill the role of Esports Recreation Assistant during the 2022F and 2023W semesters. The position is part of the Work Study student employment program. For details about the program and its eligibility requirements, click here.
Reporting to the Esports Coordinator, the successful candidate would be responsible for planning, promoting and executing recreational events for the students of Lambton College. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- assisting with the planning and execution of esports-based recreational activities for the Lambton College community (leagues, tournaments, social events etc.)
- assisting with the planning and execution of social media strategies for esports-based recreational activities for the Lambton College community
- customer support for patrons of the Lambton College Esports Arena
- other duties as assigned
Job Requirements (specific skills, qualifications, personal qualities or areas of knowledge)
- knowledge of private match setup of major video game titles
- knowledge of streaming software (OBS, Streamlabs, Twitch Studio, etc)
- advanced knowledge of current video game industry
- ability to troubleshoot basic issues related to computer gameplay
- customer service oriented
- ability to work under minimal supervision
Remuneration: $15.00/hour (plus 4% vacation pay), 8-10 hours per week.
Start date: September 7, 2022
End date: April 21, 2023
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Esports Coordinator – Lambton College SAC
NOTE: Do NOT use the myCareer portal to submit your application for this position. The only accepted application method for this position is direct email as mentioned above.
Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.